Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Globo Warning?

The Reverend Billy is running for mayor of New York City and has my official endorsement (I'm also giving him a "thumbs up" at this very moment but it doesn't come through as well in text).
VoteRevBilly.org

VoteRevBilly.org
Spent a bit of time today with a lot of the folks from The Company that I haven't seen since I left. Various levels of alienation from them, some just "acted like they don't know"; forgetting perhaps that I have always advocated a firm "act like ya know" policy
'Round this time last week a wave was carrying my body and crashing it down upon and elderly swimming suit clad lady. Quite an interesting metaphor.
"Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love"
Love has been gnawing at me like I was seared in garlic for quite a bit now. Such a fascinating game it is to play, just when the dark clouds seem to part, they reveal the mountains.
elpoep tsom naht retteb sgniht tsom
Of the many whatnotppenstances that living in New York City has helped me to understypher, one of my favorites has to be the following situation; when a brief interaction you have with a stranger is so real, that the person is compelled to say goodbye when it's over.

'Round this time last week I was skinnydipping in the ocean off Montauk under a beautiful star-filled night's sky. My friend Tim noticed that there were glowing blue dots in the water around us that seemed more than just reflections of the many stars. We soon realized that we were swimming amongst tiny bioluminescent life forms that glowed blue when disturbed. My experience of existence was so dense at that moment; nude in the water, the strength and fury of the waves bouncing and tossing my body, and the microscopic beings that let their existence be known to the world because of my presence. Glowing there in the water I remembered how life is for the living.
Without me you are nothing.

No comments: