Thursday, May 21, 2009

[spam] Interesting and painful Message

WHY AM I SO FASCINATED BY THESE SPAM SCAMS???!!!?!?!?!!!
In light of my last post I thought I should also share this lovely spam scam I received as well, as it has some great examples of the aforementioned hilarious translation related misspellings, eg. "my cry and prayers has rise smokely to God".
If anyone is at all as interested in these scams as I am then I strongly recommend listening to this episode of This American Life featuring a group of scam-baiters who did some remarkable things to these scammers
______________________________________________________


Interesting and painful Message

May the maker of heaven and earth grant you the willing spirit to digest this important request of mine though you might find it difficult to believe me but it is only God that will speak to you as my cry and prayers has rise smokely to God to assist me in sourcing for a good reputable person to assist me in this ailing situation.

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you.
I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere proposition.

I am Samanta Tanoh by name 19yrs of age and the daughter and only child of the late Dr. Brendan Tanoh a very wealthy cocoa merchant and competent business man here in Abidjan, the economic capital of Cote D'Ivoire formally known as Ivory coast.

My father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip.
My lovely mother died when I was still 2yrs and since then my father took me so special as his survival dependent.

Before the death of my father in August 2006 in a private hospital herein Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of (Eleven Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars)USD$11.500,000 deposited in one of the famous Banks here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire, that he used my name as his only child for the next of Kin in depositing the funds.
He also explained to me that it was because of this funds that he was poisoned by his business associates.
That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purposes, such as real estate management or hotel management.

I am humbly seeking for your assistance in the following ways: (i)To contact the Bank and request for the release of the funds to you as my late parents family friend abroad.
(ii)To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 19 yrs old.
(iii)To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 20% of the total sum as compensation
for your effort/input after the successful transfer of this funds to you
in your country.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe
that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you
should signify your interest to assist me.. Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Due to my present condition and the confidentiality of this matter
please reply to me immediately.
Thanks and God bless.
Best regards,
Miss. Samantha Tanoh

No comments: