Thursday, May 21, 2009

[spam] ExxonMobil Promotions ATTN: WINNER

What I love about this little bit of spam scam is that it supposedly comes from ExxonMobil and among the personal information they ask for are my "remarks about ExxonMobil", maybe this is a way to bait left wingers into responding.
Also, it is devoid of the usual hilarious translation related misspellings....until they refer to me as one of their "luckly winners" and sign off as an "Online Co-ordinator"
________________________________________________________

Menara ExxonMobil
Kuala Lumpur City Center
50088 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
PHONE: +60.103.732.2721

This is to inform you that ExxonMobil Oil Company, Malaysia has awarded you
the sum of $1,000,000 USD. This email is randomly sent to 10 people
worldwide. Your verification number is: (EM2009-10/6) Please
Understand that this promotion is Neither a Lottery nor a Gambling
Winning. To file claims, please contact the claims processing officer
on the email or phone number provided below:

CLAIMS PROCESSING OFFICER:
Mr. Adil Fatin
EMAIL: exxonmobilpromo1@yahoo.com.hk
Phone: +60.103.732.2721

You are also advised to provide him with:

NAME IN FULL:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
AGE:
NATIONALITY:
OCCUPATION:
PHONE:
FAX:
MOBILE:
SEX (M/F):
ANNUAL INCOME:
REMARKS ABOUT EXXON MOBIL:

We are glad to have you as one of our luckly winners.

Yours Sincerely,
Online Co-ordinator..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg I just got one of those...It's so sad!! cause it actually gets you thinking what problems you could solve with 500,000 dollars. Then reality hits you,then you know you've been a victim of a cruel prank!!oh well at least I got to dream for a few minutes...

ah_15_5_1979 said...

I received a message that I had won the prize Is this a joke or is it real serious and I respond to it by any person
Thank you

andysiti said...

Hahaha... and I just won 1,000,000.00 pound sterling! I replied! I should wait for the money huh! hahha

Anonymous said...

I just have one of this massages today !! To hood to be true !! Glad that I search for that firts !