Monday, March 30, 2009

think ALBUM

painting by Sky Thompson

My Top 15 Albums
Because shazam

I tried to think ALBUM and not songs

I am offended by the things I have left off of this list

In alphabetical order by album title



Mos Def - Black on Both Sides (honorable mention to the Blackstar album)

Manu Chao - Clandestino

Bob Dylan - Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (keepin' it to 1 per artist since I've only got 15 to work with here)

Crash Test Dummies - God Shuffled His Feet

William Ackerman - In Search of the Turtle's Navel

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the Sea

The Strokes - Is This It (/all of their albums)

Radiohead - Kid A (I would honestly put all of their albums except Pablo Honey on any proper list of my favorites)

Black Crowes - Lions

Kila - Live in Dublin (barely beats Lemonade and Buns)

The Clash - London Calling

Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion (another tough one)

Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy

Cornershop - When I was Born For the 7th Time

Joanna Newsome - Ys (this is a wash I love Milk Eyed Mender equally but Sawdust and Diamonds on Ys is my favorite song so that gets the official selection of the committee despite early commitment to think ALBUM)

2 comments:

No L said...

Normie- there are no dance albums on your list. I think you should fix that. Hope I see you soon!

Free Radical said...

if you think Kila is not to be danced to,then then I feel sorry for you